Comments

1. Emma says

Honestly I couldn’t say it better, I feel that Feminism is such a ‘trend’ now and misses the point of equality for EVERYONE!! xox

• Em says

So true! I felt it became a bit of a ‘cool’ thing to label yourself, which isn’t the reason to be a feminist, so sometimes there’s a need to strip it down! xox

2. Becca says

I totally agree with this post! I didn’t become a feminist due to Beyonce etc either (not that that matters!) but because I found a movement that appeals to me and my view on equality for everyone. It’s just sad that the “F” word is made out to be “awful” or “scary.”

• Em says

Exactly, it is a movement that fits what you believe, which is amazing! I know, especially in this day and age x

• Em says

Thank you so much! I really think with this sort of matter you have to be honest with it, so I’m so glad you like it! There are, whether its ignorance or scepticism, I hope people can move on from it an realise what feminists actually are preaching! x

3. amychimesgmailcom says

Hi! I’ve started a campaign to redefine ‘female’ as a positive word. Take Back the F Word is a social media campaign aimed at raising awareness of the importance of diminishing gender stereotypes. It aims to continue and expand on the conversation surrounding gender stereotypes in order to dissolve the negative connotations of female centric roles and vocabulary.

I would love to be involved in your blog, possibly for a collaboration? I have always loved reading your content, and i feel like it’s a wonderful source of female positivity!

Have a look at my blog, and please let me know your thoughts. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me on [email protected] or any of my social medias.

Amy Chimes

• Em says

Hi Amy!
      This sounds like such a great idea, and an element that definitely needs to be covered. I’ll definitely have a look and get in contact as I’d love to get involved in some way!
      Thank you so so much for reading!