Within the past 5 blogs I’ve had, and very quickly proceeded to delete, I hadn’t participated in or even heard of Twitter chats. I was appalling at the social media side of blogging. And when creating this little gem, it hit me that was where I was going wrong.
I’m still shocking when it comes to Instagram, I’ve just deleted all my posts to start a new. But Twitter is somewhat of a different story.
I started off pretty poor, but about a week and a bit ago, I was familiarised with Twitter chats. At first I couldn’t comprehend the whole aspect of it, it seemed a bit bizarre, and I thought it would probably just be an abundance of tweets that nobody actually sees.
Oh how Em of last week was undoubtedly wrong.
If you are new to blogging, much like myself still, I couldn’t stress more how you should join in on these! They are simple, fun and it is so great for making some blogger friends and sharing around recent posts and your blog!
How does it all work though? You may ask. Well, let me (try) explain.
There are certain twitter accounts that host them, you will know this either by the hashtag going around or it will probably say in said account’s description. Thus it will also say when they are hosted. Hopefully at this point you spot this and give them a follow, and then you can see tweets and updates all about the chats and who is hosting them, so you have some time to get to know other blogs before these chats too! Then, when it comes to the chat the particular person hosting will ask topic related questions (Such as autumn or beauty favourites) and people simple answer them and it spirals out to you getting chatty with everyone for an hour!
Some also hold meetings, where you share your latest post and people like and comment on your post in exchange for you doing the same – a great way to get your blog out there and discover other blogs!
Now, so I don’t word vomit all over this post I’m going to bullet point some things I learnt and discovered in my first/first few twitter chats. The ones I nearly always take part in are the GRLPOWR chats and the TeacupClub chats! There are so many more but they are my particular favourites!
- You aren’t just another tweet floating around, people actually talk to you!
- The hour goes by so quickly, and its constant chatter between bloggers
- You will soon point out the regulars, and they don’t act like an exclusive club – they’re all so accepting, like an old friend!
- You can pop in and out of the chat whenever you like, it won’t throw you out of the loop.
- Although you aren’t just a tweet, the host has got a lot on their plate so may not be able to respond to every single one of your answers, maybe none at all, but they do see them!
- It definitely does help, masses!
- Everyone is so easy to talk to, you can just tweet them back or follow or message them, they aren’t unapproachable at all, despite age, blog popularity anything!
- Despite the topic, there will be a huge range of bloggers, don’t be afraid that you’ll stick out!
I could go on forever. I’m so glad I discovered Twitter chats and now take part, as it has done wanders for myself and my blog in so many ways! I think I’m becoming more myself on my blog and social media now, I wasn’t not myself before but I just felt alien from it all still, this has really made me feel at one with it! And again, go join in on Twitter chats if you haven’t already!!
Until next time,