Comments

1. Elly Mitchell says

I am definitely not a morning person! But my biggest downfall is I never settle… I’ll be sat on my phone until I drift off to sleep, it’ll stay by the side of my bed during my sleep and then it’s the first thing I pick up in the morning. Probably the worst possible thing to do because you are never truly letting your mind rest! Love the idea of exercise in the morning though, maybe I’ll sacrifice my morning Facebook scroll for a morning stroll instead! xx

• Em says

I used to be exactly the same, and it’d result in me tossing and turning for hours! And I still do it sometimes now to be honest! I think it is good to have that screen free time in your life, as it can be straining on so many things, and it’s nice to just enjoy the real life without technology for a bit I find! Omg I love that line, yaaas! xx

2. Becca says

Well done for getting up and going running in the morning – I wish I could do that but I already have to be up so early I can’t justify it! Love that you wrote stuff down too, always thought it was a little odd thing I did but it’s nice to know I’m not alone 🙂 really lovely post and some good ideas! I’ll try em!

Becca | theapresgal.com

• Em says

Thank you! Aww no:( You are definitely not alone, I think it’s such a great thing to do! However I know what you mean, I feel some people think I’m strange for doing it aha! Thank you so so much lovely! x

3. Alice says

I’ve always wanted to give exercising a go in the morning before I do anything else, but I would have to get up even earlier for work and be tired all day aha! I might give it a go on my days off because I bet it makes you feel great for the day ahead!

The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

• Em says

I know that feeling, it can be so hard to balance work or school and social life with a fitness! It really does, hope it goes okay lovely!!

• Em says

Ah I’m glad you like it, I really hope it helps lovely! Really? Gal get some sleep aha! Thank you for reading! x

• Em says

Thank you lovely! That’s such a good trick, I know a few of my friends who do that which literally drives them out of bed aha!

4. kirstyhoggons says

This post was so interesting! I feel like I am a morning person and I used to exercise in the mornings but I got lazy. I think I need to start again!

5. kayleighzara says

I’m not really a massive morning person, I get up in the morning but only just haha! I’m slowly pushing my waking up time earlier everyday and it’s working for me X

• Em says

I’m very much the same, I do it because I kind of have to or I feel it’s for the best, not because I want to aha! Aww good I’m glad! I hope all goes well with it lovely! x

6. Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl says

These are some great tips to help! I really need to learn to shut everything off, that’s my biggest down fall. I’m always up about half 6/7 in the morning because my little one but I’m still not a morning person! I loath it. I really need to try some of these out and like you say, set realistic goals.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

• Em says

Thank you! It’s very hard I know, it’s all about little steps and trust me once you do you’ll feel so much better about yourself! Ahh no way, bless you! Yesss being true to yourself and your goals is so important, be pleasantly surprised with hitting smaller goals than disappointed because you can’t hit something impossible!

7. simpleandseason says

I definitely needed this! I love the idea of morning yoga and wafting around in a dressing gown as the sun comes up, but unfortunately it takes me 7 alarms at 5 minute intervals to get up late for work 🙁

• Em says

Aww I’m glad! Ahh really? Don’t worry I’ve been there too, but if you want to achieve what you perceive you can certainly do it!

8. Gabby says

I’ve also been trying really hard to be a morning person recently! I’m so tried of wakeing up mid afternoon having slept the day away! I really like the idea of doing exercise, I hear that morning exercise is really good for your immune system so two birds one stone really!

Great tips Em!

• Em says

Ahh no way? I know right it does make you feel somewhat slumped! I love exercise in the morning, it wakes you up, makes you feel ready and exactly – many birds one stone! Thank you so much lovely!

• Em says

Aww I’m glad, tell me how they go! I know how you feel completely like, it’s still dark thus I should still be asleep! Thank you for reading! xx

9. Jay says

This was great! Thanks for the ideas. I would really love to be a morning person as I feel so much more productive and it puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. I’m definitely going to have to try these out and see what works. Have to keep at it too seeing as things being repeated can become habit! Thanks for sharing xo

Jay
    blissfulbeautybird.com

• Em says

Aww thank you so much lovely! It does me too, and waking up late just makes me feel so slumped. Ahh tell me how they work out for you! Exactly, it’s definitely a thing you need to consistently do! Thank you for reading lovely xo

10. Aine says

I’m slowly becoming a morning person. I used to be and then I found I worked better at night, so sometimes I’m a bit of both. It depends on what my body has decided. I do need to start switching off my devices sooner before bed though, I often end up listening to podcasts on my laptop just before bed – not the best idea when they’re work related! I have lots of ideas to get out. More books, less work 🙂

Honestly Aine

• Em says

Ahh I totally get that, I’m the same – mixing between this morning person and night owl! It’s something that we get told so much, and don’t realise how well it actually works until we try it. Totally agree!! x