Believe To Achieve.

Today’s post is a collab with my beautiful friend Kisses From Jess, so definitely go and check out her blog as she is an amazing writer and is a genuinely lovely person.

Here’s Jess’ post, which I must say is so beautifully written and I’m so so happy I was able to collab with her!! https://kissesfromjess.com/2016/10/17/achieving-your-goals/

Right, so, achieving your goals. Real talk, let’s go.

This is a topic which hangs high on the walls of my heart, something I am very  feverish about. As, in one way or another, we all have goals we wish to achieve. May it be writing a novel, pass your exams or learn to sew, a goal is a goal and you can achieve them.

I think the most haunting thing about achieve said goals is the dark abyss that comes when trying to achieve it. An inconspicuous journey to something which is undisclosed in itself. And alas there is no prodigious method to achieve goals, yet there are some little things to keep in mind to help the moral and self belief when achieving goals. And I am wholeheartedly one for encouraging everyone to do what they can to achieve goals, as they don’t come around by miracles, it comes around with belief and hard work, although not what we like to hear, it’s the reality of it. And personally, working towards something is a much better feeling than having it handed to you on a silver platter.

So rather than attempt to share some craft of achieving goals that may or may not work. I merely wish to motivate and boost your spirits, as we’ve all been there, those glum moments of ‘I’ll never achieve anything’, ‘I’m a failure’ so on and so forth. Because of course they aren’t true, but we do all have those moments and looking past them and carrying on is a tough trudge sometimes, so I’m here to be a helping hand, a friend, your very own Shia  Labeouf, whatever you want to call me, to give you a little reminder that you can do it.

We all have that one life quote we live by, personally mine is ‘a calm sea never made a strong sailor’ and couldn’t stress the truth it advocates more. This whole ‘life’ thing is not an easy ride, there are bumps and gusts that put you off track. But without them you’d be at the end of this said journey, and that’s just boring right? But these words we wrap our lives around are so so important, they keep us going and help us tell ourselves that we can do whatever we want. I also feel the words like ‘can’t’ are so malicious, the can really corrode in our minds, and rather than saying ‘I can’t do it’ we should say ‘I need to work on it more’ or something more pragmatic.

I also really like the concept of being on a boat as a reflection to these things. The water is a distant and deep abyss that is hard to fully know whats inside, and that’s haunting. But we find ourselves a float and we’ve got to keep moving. But where are we going? Why are we going? Well, that’s for you to determine, you’re the captain. And being the head of this ship you don’t let anyone tell you where to go or what to do. But saying that, you don’t have to know where you’re going, sometimes the unknown is great, something you’d never thought of or expect. Don’t be afraid to take that route even if you don’t know where it’s going. As deep and philosophical as that sounds, putting a picture to it just makes sense to me, helps express these thoughts and goals.

Okay something a little more lighthearted now…

Just a friendly reminder that you can do it. You really can. I don’t feel I need to justify myself in saying that, because it’s as plain as that. You’ve set this goal because you want it, and you’re willing to work hard. So do it, think of why you started, think of that end result and you just keep going, because you can!

Until next time,

Share:

37 comments so far.

37 responses to “Believe To Achieve.”

1. […] Below I have 5 tips for achieving your goals! This is a collab with the lovely Emily, you can click here to read her post. If you came from her blog, […]

2. Jessica says:

Amazing post! So much fun working on this collab with you! 🤗

3. So inspirational post.

4. Thank you for such an inspirational post! I love that you wrote something like that because I know that sometimes trying to achieve goals can be daunting x

• Em says:

Aww thank you so much lovely I’m so glad you liked it! It’s such a shakey platform to cover but sometimes we just need a little nudge! x

5. Hannah says:

Such a well written post and really motivating!

Hannah | alongsidehannah.blogspot.co.uk

6. Tanya Sahay says:

I love how motivating this is Em. You have done such a fab and this is inspiring. “A calm sea never made a skilled sailor” is one of my favorite quotes. xx

7. I love this post! When it comes to achieving my own goals, I think, “just go for it.” Sometimes, you honestly have nothing to loose… why miss out on amazing opportunities and regret them later on? It’s better to go for them and get knocked back rather then live in regret and never know otherwise. I also agree that we all have one quote that we live by, and mine is “Be the change you want to see.” Great post lovely, extremely insightful and motivational. X

• Em says:

Seriously I couldn’t have said it better myself!! I love that quote so much its up there with my favourites! Thank you sweet x

8. Sophie says:

Ah I love your mindset! Hard work can achieve anything! Dreams can come true but only if you put in effort to make them so <3

Thanks for writing such a motivational post! Great time of year for it too with people returning to education and winter slumps coming around xx

sophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

• Em says:

Thank you so much! It really can! Aww thank you so much for reading! Exactly, especially at these sort of times people need that little helping hand xx

9. apageofme02 says:

Bloomin love this 🙂 xx

10. This is a lovely post and super motivational. I like your life quote too – mine is ‘Not all those who wander are lost’ from Lord of the Rings. Love it x

11. Amy says:

Such a beautifully written post, and definitely a well needed reminder for me as I rarely feel I’ve achieved my goals. Thank you!

Amy x

12. Tiffany says:

Such a great post! Really motivating and lovely to read!

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

13. beautylifemom says:

Wow! So after reading this I definitely need to sit myself down and map out a plan! You are right about that abyss- hard work and belief can be tough. Finding the time and willingness is always the issue with me! But you are right-we are the captains. Thank you for that affirmation!
    XX
    Jen
    Beautylifemom.com

14. Catriona says:

Great post! I always push things aside and especially seeing myself grow as a person and feel like that is why I find it hard to achieve my goals!

Catriona…

15. Naomi Rowan says:

I love posts like this, so encouraging and inspiring! And also, this is so well written – a joy to read! 💕

16. Love, love, love this post Em! Such a positive, motivational post and your writing is amazing it was like reading a page out of a book, thank you for this great read – Sarah xoxo

17. Love this post! So inspiring x

Charlie @ ablogbycharlie || http://www.ablogbycharlie.co.uk

18. Gabby says:

Loved this! Sometimes you really do need the extra bit of advice to keep you going and motivated!

Lovely thought from you two to do this collab girls!

• Em says:

Thank you lovely! Sometimes you do just need that little nudge! Aww thank you, glad you liked it sweet! x

19. This is such a well written post! Great job… you have really motivated me 🙂