Let me say before we get into this, I’m no beauty blogger, nor am I really a beauty person. I try not to wear makeup, I’ll tend to just go with eyebrows and eyelash tint so I don’t look completely bold, but when I do makeup I still keep it very minimal. I also have no clue on techniques or if I’m doing stuff right, but it works for me.
My favourite sort of makeup is the Instagram ‘no makeup’ makeup, quite bronzey, maybe a little glowy if that’s what you’re into. And I’ve tried to capture that in my everyday makeup, well kind of, it’s still nothing special. But, without further ado, I give you, my everyday makeup.
1. No matter what, always moisturise, always. I’m currently using the L’Oreal Hydra Genius Aloe Water which absorbs really nicely into my skin and just feels pretty nice (told you I don’t know what I’m talking about).
2. For my base, when I do a base, I mix my Match Perfection foundation in 010 Light Porcelain (because I’m pale af) with a bb cream that’s slightly darker, I’ve found it gives my skin a nice finish without being too heavy, and the colour combination gives me the perfect complexion to look slightly bronzed.
3. I use the most generic concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection, I really don’t need to say anything about this product.
4. I’m definitely one for cream over powder, I have no clue why. So to contour I actually use an Ebay pallette, it cost me about £2.99 but the dark shades work well for a little bit of contour, it blends out nicely to create a little shadow – I am blessed and have a fairly defined jawline, but it means contour can look pretty silly on me, but you don’t need much of this and it creates a lovely subtle look.
5. For a little bit of bronzer, I use the Makeup Revolution One Blush Stick in Matte Malibu which is basically the perfect bronzer colour. And it’s cool as you can add water to it for a more sheer look or use it as it is for a matte finish. I tend to go more sheer, also I couldn’t find a link to this product so if it no longer exists I also like the Benefit Dew the Hoola Bronzer.
6. I can get veryyy oily, like very oily. So I first set my face with the Rimmel Clear Complexion in 21 Transparent, as I love how light it is and the finish is not too heavy. But because of the oiliness I have to call for reinforcements and add a little bit of Collection Lasting Perfection powder in 1 Light just on my t-zone where I get a little oily.
7. I add a tiny bit of the warmer, brozier shade in the Makeup Revolution powder contour palette, to help that bronzed look, and currently I’ve actually used a bit of blush – which is new to me. I actually use an old bodyshop one that no longer exists, so here’s something similar.
8. So, although I’m not a makeup person, I am a brow person. And currently I’m using the NYX Eyebrow Gel which takes a bit of getting used to, but is my holy grail. I then use a bit of New Look Brow Gel just to set them in place.
9. Eye makeup quickfire: I use a tiny bit of a light warm brown on my eyes, to give it a little bit of shade, usually I just take my bronzer. I then line my eyes with the Soap and Glory Supercat Liner, curl my lashes which hate me and never stay curled, prime with the Benefit They’re Real Primer and as I’ve run out of mascara I’m currently using a MAC mascara, which is fine but nothing special.
10. I do like to use a lip liner on my lips, just to enhance their natural shape. And then to add a lil something something I add a tiny bit of nude lip in the centre to, contour my lips I guess?
11. To attempt to keep my makeup in place I use the Makeup Revolution Oil Control Setting Spray, which actually works pretty well, I can just get very oily so probably need something stronger.
Ta-da! My everyday makeup, this is the sort of makeup where I actually make an effort, I’ll usually skip some bits or maybe add more when I’m feeling fancy. But I thought it’d be good to do a bit more of a step by step. This is very different for me, but I hope y’all enjoyed it!
Until next time,