April Goals

It’s taken me quite a while to work out what my goals, or my resolutions, are for this year. If I’m honest I wasn’t in a clear enough place to make some decision back in January. However come April (happy Easter to those who celebrate it by the way, hope you all had a lovely day) and I’ve decided this is the month of hustling and getting on the grind. I’ve done my fair share of pondering and thinking and I’ve found my goals for the forthcoming year(s). And all of these goals I want to begin in one way or another this month. So, let’s get right into them.

SET MYSELF SOME DIY PROJECTS

I always like to set myself little projects each year. And it usually involves creating something. I’ve done bralettes, bullet journaling, blogging and I love it as it keeps my brain ticking over and keeps me inspired. This year I’ve been planning to make a macrame wall hanging, as they cost an arm and a leg to buy so why not just do it yourself? However I think is going to be a lot harder than I’m anticipating. I’d also love to have a go at making some swimwear, but we’ll see how the macrame goes. So I shall keep you posted!

PLAN A SOLO TRAVEL TRIP

This has been on my mind for a while now, and for some reason I just couldn’t see it doable. But I’m determined to do some solo travelling. I think I’ve always presumed I’d have to go with someone else, but having seen some friends do it I’m very inspired to give it a go. I’m not sure where or when, but I’d probably start with some smaller weekend trips and go from there. So if anyone has any tips please send them my way!

(FINALLY) BUY MY NEW CAMERA

I think this may be a bit delayed due to rent and travels. But I know what camera I’m planning on buying, it’s just getting the dollar. So I’m going to try to do some hardcore saving to finally get a new camera. I really want to get on my photography grind as I’d love to give blogger shoots and travel photography a go. But I’m currently having to borrow my brothers little cannon as my old camera passed away (rip).

HOST A BLOGGERS EVENT

I’m still very sure on the ins and outs of this. But it’s been in my mind for a few months now and I’ve had a few conversations with people about it. But I’d love to host a blogger even or two. I have some ideas, it’s just working out the realistic bits like where when who what how. But I loved all of the little networking events I went to when I started blogging. And it really helped me get comfortable talking about myself and my blog. And I’ve met some of the loveliest people and made some amazing friends through them, so I really want to pass that on. However I want it to be a little bit unique, in what way I’m not entirely sure.

TEACH MYSELF SOME GRAPHIC DESIGN

As well as giving myself a little project each year, I tend to like to set myself something to learn. It’s usually an instrument, but this time around it’s a little bit of design. I really don’t know what I want to do with my life right now. But I do like the idea of being my own boss and creating bits. So I want to teach myself some new skills like graphic design to help me get a picture of what I want to do. I think part of this is simply because I like to have a few skills in my pocket, as I’ll be real, my A level grades definitely aren’t going to help. And then I also want to be able to design bits for myself as a blogger, such as graphics or a new logo.

So there we are, a snippet into some of my goals for the month, and upcoming year. I’d love to know your goals or if you have any tips on the above! Also I’m not really sure where this up close n’ personal came from, or what it has to do with this post. I just had nothing else to use.

Until next time,

Share:

30 comments so far.

30 responses to “April Goals”

1. Kayla says:

These are great goals! A little travel getaway trip sounds awesome, maybe a B&B could be a good start! A small town you’ve never been perhaps?
    I to just made the big purchase of buying a new camera (Nikon 5600) and it’s amazing. The features are great, and even came with a bundle on lenes. Totally worth it!

• emibeccamarven says:

Aww thank you! Yess I was thinking of doing a few little weekend trips to get used to it. Ahhhh amazing!!

2. Nancy says:

Good luck with your goals for the month! Solo trips are great! You can decide what you want to do without having to potentially bicker over plans. A camera is a nice investment! Hope you’ll choose one that fits your needs!

Hosting a blogger event sounds exciting! Hope all of your plans will go well!

exquisitely.me

3. Rachel says:

Travelling alone is a great way to unwind and take time out of a busy schedule. Perhaps a trip to the coast for some sea air and sand. Good luck!

4. Eena says:

These are great goals for the month of April! I’m especially liking the idea of traveling solo AND buying a new camera! Treat yourself girl!

cabin twenty-four

5. Rosie says:

YESS I am so down with you hosting a blog event! April is already filled with so much hope!

6. Lea says:

I love those april goals. It’s amazing with what you wanna do, I for sure am interested in the camera one! And hosting a blogger event – what a cool idea, hope you’ll do it.
    Lea, xx

• emibeccamarven says:

Aww thank you!! I’m very excited to get a camera, it’s been so long awaited! Thank you lovely xx

7. REBSKnows says:

I feel that the goals I am focusing on are to: 1) love myself and take time for me after a day at work 2) to learn new things and experience more of the world around me 3) to remember everyday is a gift don’t let opportunities pass me by.
    I love this post and can’t wait to see what more you write! Love REBSKNOWS x

• emibeccamarven says:

Awwww I love all these goals, all of them are so important go you! Ahh thank you lovely xx

8. perrinevautour says:

These are great goals 🙂 wanting to host a blogger event is a great idea! I also want to learn more about graphic design 🙂

Perrine

• emibeccamarven says:

Aww thank you! I’m very excited to get planning. Ahhh amazing! I’ll let you know if I find any good articles or videos☺️

9. Phoebe Rose says:

I love these goals, it’s such a motivation for me reading what other people want to achieve! I’m also hoping to do some solo travelling this year, let me know how you find it!! I would loveeeeee that blogger event to happen, fab read gal!

Phoebe x

itsphoeberose.com

• emibeccamarven says:

Awww thank you I’m so glad! I’m the same I love reading what other people want to achieve. Ahh amazing I will do! I’m starting plans and it’s very exciting☺️ thank you lovely x

10. These goals all look like amazing ones and hope you can achieve them or make progress towards them this month! The blogger event sounds super cool!

Ayse Merve Demir.

11. Lupe says:

These are great goals Emily! I like the idea of hosting a blogging event, that seems really fun. Learning more about graphic design seems interesting, especially if you want to be have a creative career. Good luck on tour goals this month

12. Do you have your eye on any camera in particular? It’s such an exciting purchase! Hosting a blogging event is super exciting as well, I hope that all goes well for you and good luck with your other goals.. 🙊

• emibeccamarven says:

I’ve been looking at either the Canon 6D or 5D ranges?? It’s so exciting I’m just so impatient waiting to get the money haha! Awww thank you so much xx

13. These are some awesome goals! I’m especially excited about your graphic design one…can’t wait to see what you do! x x
    Ellis // http://www.elliswoolley.co.uk

14. Sophie says:

No joke – 80% of your goals are also my goals. Hopefully we can get them achieved at some point – good luck! xx

15. luxblush says:

Good luck with all of your goals! Planning a blogging event is such a good idea!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush