Comments

1. Gee Gardner says

Thank you so much for his post! It is everything! I’ve been trying to get back into taking outfit shots and it’s so hard not to look stiff in front of a camera! These tips have been so helpful! x

• emibeccamarven says

Aww you’re very welcome! Thank you so much! It can take getting used to, honestly I was like a brick when I first started taking outfit shots haha! x

2. Estelita Scott says

And, be born beautiful with so much grace. You’re pics beg to be clicked. You make posing seem effortless.

• emibeccamarven says

Aww thank you! Yesss I can’t wait to see it your photos are always so beautiful! Ahaha it’s such a weird little technique but it works so well! xx

3. Sarah says

These are some great tips! I have grown so in love with photography and I mostly love taking thought out photos, like really artsy which my boyfriend helps me take (not always being extremely happy about it but I know he likes to see me succeed and in the end he’s pretty proud of the photos that turn out good so!) which I also get inspiration for from Pinterest (what CAN’T you use Pinterest for?)!

Sarah

• emibeccamarven says

Gurllll that was me for ages! Honestly once you start experimenting and moving you’ll become a lot more comfortable and confident! x

• emibeccamarven says

Aww thank you beaut! She’s soooo talented I couldn’t get over how our shoot turned out! x

4. Deasy says

Great tips! As a photographer myself, it’s so important to communicate the vision you have with your photographer. Maybe have a mood board or an inspiration board in terms of environment, lighting, angles, and poses.

• emibeccamarven says

Thank you! Ahhh awesome, I’ve always gone with a inspiration board even if I don’t know location or purpose yet but it’s so so helpful! xx

5. Lauren says

I’d love to see you do a post on how you teach other people to get photos for you! My boyfriend tries and we do sometimes get a good shot but I’m trying to get better and more confident getting pictures of myself for my blog – so that post would be so helpful haha! Your photos are always so stunning!! Xx

Lauren | laurenjcole.wordpress.com

• emibeccamarven says

Ahhh thank you lovely! My boyfriend always wants it to be a quick few photos so I’ve been teaching him to make it quick and quality bless him! Awww thank you! xx

6. Created to Glorify says

This is great! I haven’t taken pics for my blog yet I just chose my most recent family photo, which isnt super flattering. Now that baby is here, I’ll be using these tips soon!

• emibeccamarven says

Aww thank you! It’s so hard to find new things to do with your hands, same! Thank youuu! x

7. Sophie says

I’m definitely going to save this post to refer to in the future, trying to improve my posing recently to post more outfit shots. I definitely be interested in reading the two other post ideas you had at the end of the post, the would be so helpful!

Sophie | http://www.sophiesspot.co.uk

8. Libby-Jade Harris says

I find having my photo taken so awkward, I found this post very educational!! Never again will I worry about what to do with my hands- honestly before I would just like clasp them in front of me or something and I felt like such a donut, but not any more!x
    constantylibby.blogspot.co.uk

• emibeccamarven says

Awww I’m so glad! Honestly don’t worry I did that, and still do sometimes! Practice makes perfect xx