GOALS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR

goals for the rest of the year

2018 take 2. Lets do this.

So the year started off in shambles for me, and goals weren’t really on the cards. So now I seem to be in more of a easy-going space. We’re going to have a review on what I hope to achieve by the end of the year. 2018 take 2, let’s say. So without further ado here are my goals for the rest of the year!

goals for the rest of the year

GIVE MY BLOG A MAKEOVER

I’ve been loosing love for my blog design recently. I think I’m just bored of it. So I want to invest into my blog and give it a little makeover. I want to create myself more of a brand and aesthetic and just a whole new look. As I feel it’ll help me be a little more inspired. However, I’m indecisive af. I can barely decide what I want for breakfast, let alone whether I want to spend ยฃ50 on this theme or that theme. Along with this, I want to invest a little more in my blog props and my photography. Just to make the look of my photos pretty and a bit more inspired!

PASS MY DRIVING TEST

Me and driving don’t really get on. I failed my first test 2 years ago, and due to a lovely friend called anxiety, I never got back into it. So this month I rebooked my theory test and looked into having lessons again. And I’m determined to be able to pass by December! To be honest, I don’t want to drive as it freaks me out but I need to. Living in a little village with nothing being around you – so for me to have that independence ya gal needs to be able to drive.

REACH 2K ON INSTAGRAM

I don’t like making goals for Instagram, it stresses me out. However I’ve been feeling a little more inspired to work on my feel recently. As I’m finding my theme a bit messy and I just want to give my feed a bit of tlc – if that makes sense? So I’d love to be able to grow my platform through doing this too. Nothing wrong with being proud of your content right??? Also I’m seeing if having a goal will motivate me to actually post and organically grow. So, if you fancy check out my insta here! It’ll probably be a lot of plants, outfits and coffee if thats your muse…

VISIT NEW PLACES

Travel is always a constant goal for me. I blooming love exploring new places and snapping away. But 2 of my most recent trips, I haven’t been able to really create content for one reason or another. So I’m determined to do more exploring in the next few months and photography my way through my travels. I want to do some more local trips and staycations, then Edinburgh is on the list as well as a Christmas markets trip – so fingers crossed a few of these happen!

DECORATE MY ROOM

A small goal, but one I wanted to pop in here. As you may know I moved back to my family home in the Cotswolds, and I’ve been planning on sprucing up my bedroom. Due to me being poor af this is touch and go. But by the end of the year I’d love to see somewhat of a finished product. Simply because my bedroom is my own little sanctuary and I’d love to be able to feel inspired, but content in the space as at the moment it’s a bit disorganised and all over the place.

There are a few of my goals – so I guess we’ll review back to this in December to see what’s happened! What are your goals for the rest of the year?

24 Comments

1. 31/07/2018 / 11:59 am

Good luck with all of your goals! I feel you on the blog redesign, I want to do mine, but deciding on one and spending the money on it, is so difficult! Hope your driving goes well too!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

31/07/2018 / 5:58 pm

Aww thank you! Yesss definitely, I wish you could preview them with your blog name etc. ahh thank youuu! xx

2. 31/07/2018 / 11:59 am

I keep staring at the theme I want, trying to work out if it’s worth it or not ๐Ÿ˜‚ I’m hoping it makes me feel super inspired (I can only hope!). Good luck with your goals gal xx

Brooke | http://www.brookeclarke.com

31/07/2018 / 5:57 pm

Yesss I’m exactly the same๐Ÿ˜‚ A good fresh new look definitely helps me to hustle! Thank you lovely xx

3. 31/07/2018 / 5:33 pm

It’s actually quite refreshing to set yourself some new goals, whether they’re big or not, especially halfway through the year. Loved reading this Em, makes me think about my goals! x

Sami | Samiyah.co.uk

31/07/2018 / 5:56 pm

Yess I 100% agree, a year is a long time so you’re always going to come up with new goals! Aww thank you lovely x

01/08/2018 / 9:07 am

Ahhh thank you!!

4. 31/07/2018 / 10:18 pm

This is such a great idea for a post. Thank you so much for sharing. Good luck with your goals. I’m sure you’ll smash them all. And the Cotswolds are beautiful. Blog wise, I’m feeling the same. Themes and Repurposing aren’t say are they?

01/08/2018 / 9:07 am

Awww thank you!! The Cotswolds is great I love it hereโ˜บ๏ธ x

5. 01/08/2018 / 3:06 pm

We have similar goals, I plan to reach 5k followers by the end of the year (only at 350ish at the moment haha), anyway, I believe it’s possible for both you and me, we just gotta engage and post often interesting and beautiful photos, thanks for sharing and inspring ๐Ÿ™‚

02/08/2018 / 8:01 am

Ahh no way! Yesss definitely you’ve got this lovely! xx

6. 02/08/2018 / 1:11 am

Good luck with your driving test, I had huge driving anxiety and it took me 7 years to overcome it but I am such a confident driver now it’s crazy!

02/08/2018 / 8:03 am

Ah thank you lovely! I’m glad I’m not the only one, everyone seems to think my anxiety about it is weird but I’m so glad you’re now confident on the road! x

7. 02/08/2018 / 7:07 pm

These are some amazing goals, I hope you can complete them all by the end of the year! I think my goal is to try and improve my photography to get it to a standard I somewhat happy with x

Sophie | http://www.sophiesspot.co.uk

03/08/2018 / 6:13 pm

Thank you! Yessss I’m definitely with you on that, best of luck lovely! x

8. 03/08/2018 / 8:02 pm

Good luck with all your goals, I just had a blog redesign and I feel so much more motivated to keep posting now!

04/08/2018 / 2:52 pm

Ahh thank you! Yesss I feel this! x

9. 05/08/2018 / 5:36 am

Wishing you luck on all of these goals, especially your driving test!! I am in the same boat, and I need to get a move on because I want to start driving myself to college as well as apply for jobs. Hope you accomplish all of these xx

05/08/2018 / 8:53 am

Ahhh thank you!! Drivings so scary to me, but kind of necessary – good luck! xx

10. 10/08/2018 / 2:03 pm

I’d love to go to Edinburgh, it’s definitely on my ‘must go before end of 2018’ list. I feel the same about blog designs, I really want a new one but gosh I never knew how pricey they were! Good luck with all these goals x

12/08/2018 / 9:58 am

Yesss same! I know they can be rather dear, but definitely look on Etsy or Creative Market as there are usually some good cheaper ones on there! Thanks lovely! xx

11. 13/08/2018 / 6:10 pm

You are going to ace that driving test when it comes! Driving anxiety can be such a bitch but I can tell you from first hand experience, the more you drive the more it will slowly start getting less and less because your driving will only get better and better!

Sarah

13/08/2018 / 7:35 pm

Ahh thank you! It’s horrible isn’t it. I definitely hope so- thanks gal!