Comments

1. Lucy Cole says

Loved this Em – I’ve just had a bit of a break from my blog but been keeping up to date on instagram and twitter and I feel so much better for it. I’m the worst at letting emails pile up in my inbox too, I always have to pick a good time to go through them all!

• emibeccamarven says

Aww thank you so much lovely! Hope you’ve had a nice little break! As am I don’t worry, I always have to be in the mood to do emails haha! x

2. Megan Elizabeth Lifestyle says

Love it! I feel the same. I don’t want to completely stop going online, but do need breaks now and again. Pen and paper is always good and it still means you can posts drafted etc. Plus, why wouldn’t you want to buy stationery?! I’ve recently signed up to Crowdfire as I realised I was following accounts that hadn’t posted for months. It’s good to always have fresh content to engage with.

Megan x

3. Gem says

I honestly feel like I could do with an online detox, I take very short breaks and always feel so much better for it x

4. Milenka says

I much prefer this idea to a complete break from the internet as it seems much more achievable! Writing down ideas for blog posts and drafting them on paper seems like such a lovely way to do it. Like you, I also get stressed with the SEO and Yoast plugins on WordPress telling me my writing is amber or red and it can be so distracting! Going back to pen and paper also helps with the excessive time we spend in front of the screen! I also like to go through who I’m following once in a while and have a clear out – it’s usually the big accounts who I follow in the spur of the moment because their feed looks pretty but then I realise that it’s not really the content I want to see on a daily basis! Emails, on the other hand, is one I’d rather leave… 🙈

Milenka x
    Blushing Lately

• Emilybecca says

Yes exactly, it’s hard to avoid the internet nowadays, but by doing it in little ways has the same effect. It’s so annoying isn’t it! I love writing everything out, it’s so relaxing and I feel like more thought goes into it? Oh my gosh I knowwww I’m the same! Ahahaha I wish I could leave them but they stress me out haha! xx