GETTING FESTIVE WITH PANDORA

Uhh, happy November?! And before you ask – no. It’s not too early to start talking Christmas.

Especially when we’re talking getting into the festive spirit with some gingerbread making, bellini sipping and gift giving. And especially when it includes one of the most elegant, classic jewellery brands around – Pandora. They have just released a new range of pieces for the gifting season. Perfect for a special lady in your life. And I must say, it’s beaut.

Getting festive

I was lucky enough to be invited to an evening at The Ivy Marketgrill with Pandora for a gingerbread house making workshop and some fab food and company in celebration of the new range. And to get into the festive spirit (it worked).

Spoiler alert – I will never be a professional gingerbread house maker. However I did feel like a big kid.

The whole get up was very impressive. I was immersed in the pretty lights and garlands, and of course the Christmas music! You can’t not be happy when listening to Christmas music. It looked like something straight off a Pinterest board. And I’ve definitely got major inspiration for some Christmas decor! We were greeted with some bubbly and had some time to speak to everyone and get to know one another. I doesn’t get easier going to things on your own but everyone was so lovely! We then sat down for a bit of a chat about Christmas (my favourite sort of chat) and their new range.

Getting festive

Getting festive

I left that evening feeling oh so ready for the festive season. And it got me thinking a little bit more about how to prepare for Christmas. Yes, yes. It’s only November 1st however it’ll fly by. And next thing you know you’ll be going to parties and getting those ‘Okay who’s bringing what to the Christmas staff lunch?’ emails. So now is the time to do the boring prep so you’re all ready to enjoy the festive period. And here’s how…

START SAVING AND BUDGETING

I always forget just how expensive Christmas is. It’s not just gifts. It’s the catching up with friends back for Christmas, it’s the constant Christmas coffees as you can’t resist the snowman cups, it’s the events and activities. It all adds up and just putting a little bit away helps take the stress away. Of course some people may have even finished their shopping. But I can’t keep up with that sort of organisation. Instead I put a little bit away a week, as I get paid weekly, just so when Christmas shopping comes around I don’t have to worry.

Also know your budget. Alas bills don’t stop just because it’s Christmas. So know what money is going in/out that month. Because if you’re anything like me and stress over money all too much you’re going to find yourself rocking in a corner. It doesn’t have to be very in-depth, just a brief overview.

Getting festive

LISTS GALORE

Oh I love a good list. Don’t we all? And Christmas is just a massive list-fest for me. What to buy for people, content to make, places to go, food to make, your Christmas card list. The whole month is down in some form of list. But it’s a fab way to get prepared. Just by popping everything down on paper can help get your shit a little bit more together. Maybe start updating your diary with things that you’re going to do. Or make sure you get everything done before the big day.

Getting festive

Told you I wasn’t good at icing…

START SHOPPING

I don’t mean just presents. The food, decor, wrapping paper, cards. These things run out so quickly. And you don’t want to be rushing around come December, in the massive crowds. Only to find only a half open roll of wrapping paper and some Christmas cards that have some weird joke on and most likely aren’t grandma appropriate. Just having those things in ready means you can enjoy the festivities and make tasks like writing and wrapping a little easier, as everything’s there.

I always start window shopping for Christmas presents around this year. And then have one big Christmas-y day of shopping closer to December to get myself in the spirit. So if you’re like me this is a great time to start getting ideas. Looking at what will work with your budget and it’ll also help give you an idea of how much to save!

Before this post becomes 10000 words long, a quick thank you to Pandora for a lovely evening and the lovely goodies. Definitely go check out their collection! Okay, I’ll try hold out on the festive posts for a few more weeks now…

E x

SHOP THE POST

21 Comments

1. 02/11/2018 / 8:46 am

This looks like such a lovely event! I definitely agree that it’s time to prepare for Christmas. I always think that I have enough time and then I just turn around and it’s Christmas Eve already. I definitely need to start Christmas shopping right away. Thank you for the reminder! x

Antonia || Sweet Passions

• Emilybecca
      Author
      03/11/2018 / 3:46 pm

It was fab thank you! Yesss it’s a classic! x

2. 03/11/2018 / 1:42 pm

Aaaaaah, even just reading this post has got me in the Christmas spirit! I cannnnnot wait for all the festive hot chocolates and The Pogues to be playing constantly, all day everyday! x

Becca

• Emilybecca
      Author
      03/11/2018 / 3:42 pm

Ahh yay! Honestly neitherrr I’m trying to hold myself back from playing christmas music 24/7! x

3. 04/11/2018 / 10:48 am

This sounded like so much fun!! And it’s never too early to talk about Christmas, I honestly adore Christmas 😂 the pieces from the collection look beautiful, might have to treat myself haha

Em xx

• Emilybecca
      Author
      04/11/2018 / 9:31 pm

It was truly magical! Ahh glad I’m not the only one who thinks this haha! Go for it gallll xx

4. 04/11/2018 / 11:10 am

I am so jealous! That most have been such a great experience making a ginger bread house

5. Emmanuela
    04/11/2018 / 11:12 am

This is so cute! I would love to make a gingerbread house!

6. 04/11/2018 / 11:16 am

This is so cute! I would love to make gingerbread houses. I am so happy it’s November, Christmas is the best part of the year

• Emilybecca
      Author
      04/11/2018 / 9:30 pm

Ahhh yes I now want to make loads more gingerbread houses haha! agreed gal! xx

7. 04/11/2018 / 11:21 am

Wow this event looked magical! And this year Pandora’s collections looks as beautiful as always! xx

• Emilybecca
      Author
      04/11/2018 / 9:29 pm

It was beaut! Doesn’t it just! xx

8. myspottedblog
    04/11/2018 / 11:47 am

What an awesome event! It looks stunning. Also, great Christmas tips. Budgeting is huge. I always try to start shopping early but it never seems to work out haha

Cheers xx

Rachel | http://www.myspottedblog.com

• Emilybecca
      Author
      04/11/2018 / 9:29 pm

It was so beaut! I’m thanking myself so much for budgeting! ahahaha neither gal don’t worry xx

9. 04/11/2018 / 12:20 pm

I think Christmas events always look the best, especially when it comes to baking! It is so true what you said about preparation for Christmas, it’s all about budgeting and making lists. It is so important to not go crazy over December because you will need to pay it all back or deal with the fact you’ve left yourself with no money in the months after Christmas. Great post and the jewellery looks amazing, Pandora make such special gifts!
    Alex x

• Emilybecca
      Author
      04/11/2018 / 9:28 pm

Yesss definitely! So so true, ahh thank you! xx

• Emilybecca
      Author
      04/11/2018 / 9:28 pm

Yess they’re always on my wishlists! You can’t go wrong with them for gifts, the event was fab thank you! xx

10. 14/11/2018 / 11:27 pm

Honestly, this looks like such a fun event, your gingerbread house looked so cute! Pandora jewellery is so elegant, it’s the ideal gift for any demographic, it’s hard not to love jewellery! Stay fabulous beauty.

Tx. // Tajinder Kaur