MY WINTER SKIN SAVIOURS

Dry Skin Tips

So, skincare. Lets talk about that. A few months ago I did a post about how I wanted to achieve ‘Insta-worthy’ skin. And how I wanted to clear up my skin a little bit more and get that clear ‘glowy’ look you always see on the gram. Also I just hate wearing makeup so healthy skin would be nice. And I’m definitely still in this trial and error stage but as the winter months have rolled in my skin has been struggling. One minute it’s oily, the next its dry and patchy. I’m having breakouts left, right and centre, it’s not great. And after finding some dry skin tips and products, I’m slowly getting it under wraps. But thought I would share some of my winter skin saviors which have helped calm my skin down and also protect it.

MAGNITONE BAREFACED 2

Dry Skin Tips

One thing I’ve always struggled with is exfoliating. I’ve always heard such mixed views on it and I could never really tell if it was for me. Although my skin would feel super soft, it didn’t help the dryness nor was it helping my already angered, red skin. However I was kindly sent the Magnitone Barefaced 2 cleansing brush to try out. I’ve wanted to try a brush like this for a while now for many reasons. And even after a week, it’s changed the game.

It has 3 settings – normal, deep clean and toning. It comes with a second brush head which is for the third settings to massage serums and lotions into your skin. With the brush you also get a stand for the bathroom, a magnetic charger and also a little information booklet for everything you need to know.

I’ve been using it every other day for about a week now. You can use it everyday but as I have sensitive skin I don’t want to aggravate it too much. But as it’s a brush it doesn’t contain anything that will react on your skin and is a lot more gentle. So I just use it with my facewash to give my skin a little buff.

It just clears everything out and leaves my skin feeling super clean and soft. I also love it as it beeps every 20 seconds, so you don’t spend too long cleaning one are of your face. But also turns off after 60 seconds to prevent damaging your skin which is really useful. I’ve only used the toning setting a few times but I’ve loved it when I have. It just feels like a deep massage and works the products into you skin. All in all it’s 100% worth the money especially if you have sensitive skin!

AVANT DELUXE FACE & EYE NIGHT CREAM

Dry Skin Tips

I’m very lazy when it comes to my night time skincare routine. Meaning, usually, I don’t use night creams. However since having more flared up skin I’ve actually been making an effort. And I’ve been popping this night cream on each evening before bed. It’s formulated with Hyaluronic acid to deeply nourish the skin. As well as combining ingredients such as seawater and shea butter to help improve the appearance of large pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dullness and weakened skin surface. So basically this is a true winter skin savior.

I can completely vouch for this when it comes to reducing the appearance of large pores and dullness. As I mentioned in one of my blog posts, my large pores are a huge thing I wanted to change and this products helps massively. You really don’t need a lot and it works like a miracle over night. The only downside, however, is this is priced at £98. So not budget friendly. But if you love a bit of luxury skincare or need something thats really going to work, then this is the one.

SUDOCREM

Okay, yes. I’m a good 5 years behind on this one. But I never tried putting Sudocrem on my spots until the winter. And I honestly don’t know why I didn’t do it earlier. It doesn’t completely clear up your skin. But it really helps calm down my skin or any breakouts I have and reduce the size or any redness. I just use it as and when I need to and let it sink in a bit then take it off with a wet cloth and ta-da. I couldn’t recommend it more.

THE BODY SHOP DROPS OF YOUTH

Dry Skin Tips

The Drops of Youth range is targeted to be anti-aging before the signs of aging become visible. However most of the ingredients mean the skin becomes hydrated and softer which is perfect. I live by the Drops of Youth Concentrate. I use it everyday and it boots my my skin and makes it look so much healthier! The Youth Cream is also fab for tackling the winter days. A little goes a long way and it just keeps my skin hydrated and protected throughout the day.

What have you been using to tackle these colder months?

E x

20 Comments

1. foreverseptember1
    23/01/2019 / 7:16 pm

Sudocrem is a god send, alongside mario badescu drying lotion!

Lucy | Forever September

• Emilybecca
      Author
      23/01/2019 / 8:26 pm

I haven’t tried the drying lotion – definitely need to give it a go!

2. Alys
    23/01/2019 / 8:37 pm

All these products sound great, especially the exfoliating brush. One thing I’ve been lazy with recently has been my skin care routine – you’ve inspired me to up my game!

Thanks for sharing (:

Alys / withlovealys.com

• Emilybecca
      Author
      23/01/2019 / 9:07 pm

It’s so good I love it! Aww I’m so glad lovely! Xx

3. 23/01/2019 / 8:54 pm

I really love the sound of the cleansing brush! I see them advertised on Instagram all the time and I’ve been so tempted to buy one, but I’ve always struggled to justify the cost. Like you, though, I’m really struggling with my skin during these cold, winter months so I might have to bite the bullet and go for it!

• Emilybecca
      Author
      23/01/2019 / 9:08 pm

It’s really worth the cost the amount you’ll save on scrubs and masks makes it so worth it as it gives such a deep clean! Xx

4. 23/01/2019 / 8:55 pm

Haha sudocrem is the best thing ever!! And I couldn’t agree more on the exfoliating more regularly. But there are so many products in here I need to try, really great read! Penny x

• Emilybecca
      Author
      23/01/2019 / 9:09 pm

Isn’t it!! Thanks lovely xx

5. hannahcopcutt
    23/01/2019 / 8:56 pm

I’ve been really struggling with dry skin this winter. So I definitely might need to invest in some of these products.

• Emilybecca
      Author
      23/01/2019 / 9:09 pm

Couldn’t recommend them more for a little pick me up! X

6. 23/01/2019 / 8:56 pm

I have been wanting one of those facial brushes for so long but never took the leap. Now my skin is a wreck because of this dry and freezing winter. Definitely buying it now

• Emilybecca
      Author
      23/01/2019 / 9:10 pm

Yesss I really recommend it, it’s an investment but you’ll save so much on scrubs and masks!

7. 24/01/2019 / 9:06 am

I really need to get on this sudocream bandwagon, I want to see if it lives up to it’s hype. The drops of youth range sounds amazing I think I now know what to put on my wishlist

Sophie | Sophie’s Spot

• Emilybecca
      Author
      24/01/2019 / 11:04 am

It’s so good to pop on any annoying spots!! It’s so so good I highly recommend xx

8. Isobel
    24/01/2019 / 2:54 pm

I’ve been dying to try out the drops of youth range! And must try it soon! But I tend to use Liz Earle products along side some Estée Lauder night serum and Clinique dramatically different moisturiser at night! It’s definitely worth investing within skin care as your skin is something you definitely need to look after!

Isobel x

New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.com/2019/01/advice-cutting-out-all-negativity.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    New video: https://youtu.be/u8FF38o0rZ4

• Emilybecca
      Author
      24/01/2019 / 3:33 pm

It’s soo good definitely try it! I’d much rather invest into skincare rather than makeup – I do find really good quality products make such a difference! X

• Emilybecca
      Author
      01/02/2019 / 8:18 pm

It’s so good!! I really need to try the Liz Earle products! Sooo true x

9. 27/01/2019 / 9:11 pm

I’m dying to try the Drops of Youth range, it sounds amazing xx

Gemma Etc. ❤️