Starting any fitness regimen can be a scary prospect. Any lifestyle change is, but one that requires such discipline and regular practice in order to be effective? You bet that counts. This is why many, many people can often put off their walking ambitions, because they simply haven’t found what works for them, or they’re worried about making a terrible mistake in the gym and what the social judgement might be because of that.
But oddly enough, in a gym you’ll usually find nothing but mutual understanding. Everyone is there for a reason, and that’s to stay in shape. This is why despite morbidly obese people often thinking they’ll be the subject of harsh judgement by the other gym-goers, they are often the ones respected the most, as they’re being seen in a positive, encouraged light. We all appreciate people who manage to keep themselves in shape, who don’t make excuses and wish to live their life as well as they can. To this end, it might be that you wish to make some changes. Thankfully, we’re here to help you get started as well as you possibly can do:
Find The Right Equipment
Nothing can feel worse than attending the gym or starting out in your exercise only to realize you are poorly equipped. It might be that you have mis-sized hiking boots, your clothes are too baggy for you to lift weights well, or that your shoes are in a state of disrepair and chafe your ankles as you run. For this reason, consider investing in the right equipment depending on the sport you might need. But remember, you don’t need to spend a fortune. Some see gym apparel as a chance to be stylish, and that’s fine too.
But let’s consider the true practicality of things. It might be that you wish to lift weights. Simply ensuring you have chalk for your grip, some comfortable jogging bottoms and a comfortable T-Shirt is all you need, even before you decide to opt for Gymshark or other branded products. Often, the shoes are the thing that can help your fitness journey through and through. Be sure to invest in the elements that matter, and your entire fitness experience is sure to benefit.
20% of fitness is conducted in the gym or exercising outside. The other 80%? In the kitchen. You can easily lose an hour of weight-loss cardio progress by coming home and eating two big macs. You’ll still adapt to the training, but first, you need to know your goals. Good nutrition can help them, even if losing weight is the last thing on your mind. Understand healthy alternatives to conventional wisdom, such as plant based protein solutions, or finding new, healthy means to hit your macros. Supplement with plenty of vitamins, but ensure you’re not overdoing your daily dose. Learn how BCAA’s can influence muscle growth, or fulvic acid can help with your mineral needs. You’d be surprised just how effective you can be in the long-term with a little nutritional education.
There will come a time where you feel a little exhausted, or perhaps bored of your fitness routine. This is why changing things up can work well from time to time. Go with a friend, perhaps change your evening workout to a morning workout, try and run a different route, or follow a different program. There are so many ways to get fit that only limiting yourself to one can be quite the opposite of the fun you should be having.
With these tips, you’re sure to start your fitness journey off correctly.
*This post is collaborative and may contain affiliate links