Oh hey, long time no see. I’ve been extremely busy recently so haven’t been able to get onto my blogging grind. But I’m back! And I’m also 20 today! I don’t have much to say about turning 20. I think everyone says it but birthdays for me have become pretty nonchalant. It’s nice to spend the day with people, but the actual fact that I’m a year older – not too fussed tbh. But of course you gotta do the classic blog post. So here are are 20 things I’ve learnt in 20 years…
20 Things I’ve Learnt in 20 Years
- Start saving little bits of money here and there. Maybe for big distant future purchases or in case you get in a little financial rut, having some money tucked away will really help you along the way. And if you start early you don’t even have to put large amounts away at a time, just £20 here or there, it soon adds up.
- Domesticate yourself, even just a little bit. Learn to cook a few basic meals, know how you wash different types of clothes, know your basic sewing techniques.
- It’s very unlikely you’ll be friends forever, keep those closest to you however despite what your teachers told you in year 11 – these aren’t all the people you’re entering the real world with.
- Go explore. I love Planet Earth as much as the next. But you really won’t know yourself and the world you live in until you see it for yourself.
- You don’t have to follow the system. A levels or even degrees aren’t the be all and end all, research your options and do something that you want to do.
- Bananas are a great remedy for hangovers. Grab a banana and a cuppa and you’re good to go.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to someone about anything you might feel uncomfortable with. Chances are you’re not the only one.
- Always lather up your shampoo in your hands before you pop it in your hair. You won’t need as much and it’s so much better for your hair and scalp.
- The best things always come with time, time heals, giving yourself time is so important.
- Stay humble and hustle.
- It’s okay to say no, but also learn to say yes to new things.
- Dance like nobody is watching, I can guarantee it’ll always look better than doing the floss anyway.
- Pop Vaseline around your nail when painting your nails for an easy clean up.
- You don’t have to have a dream job, or even know what you’re going to do to be successful.
- You’re only human.
- Need your drink chilling ASAP? With this heatwave, probably so. If you wrap your bottle in a wet paper towel and pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes and BINGO.
- Don’t let anyone tell you you’re too young to start building yourself and your career. Enjoy the moments as a teenager but you’re never too young.
- Embrace the things you love doing, and do what makes you the happiest.
- Don’t get caught up in the social media life, take a detox every once in a while.
- Just fkin’ be nice. Niceness costs nothing.
Anyways, I’m off to eat my weights worth in tapas. See ya.